Re: Re: Ubuntu Release Party in Beijing, what about Fedora?

On 10/29/06, Leo <sdl.web@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Speaking of installation, if I want to help someone install GNU/Linux,
I have much more confidence to go with Ubuntu than Fedora. For one
thing with Fedora I need 5 CDs (dont tell me about DVD it is not
available on some areas), the chance of getting a corrupted CD is much
much bigger. Secondly the installation has not been tested thoroughly
i.e. it failed in a lot of machines. For my own desktop, I actually
have to do a minimal FC5 install and then upgrade to FC6. It is very
dangerous to frustrate newcomers in their first try. They will never
come back to Fedora and try their every effort to persuade others to
go away. I feel very sorry for a friend in Philippines, I recommend
him to try FC. He managed to download the 5CDs with 60k/s to find out
it didn't install for him.

Leo,
Please have him to contact me direct if he can't afford to buy from
local or online vendors.
We'll accommodate him from Fedora Free Media Program[1].
[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Distribution/FreeMedia
Regards,
--
Thomas Chung