Re: [Fedora-marketing-list] Re: false fedora mirror...

Nicola Losito wrote:

Hi, i'm italian too, i'm not an NGI customer but i don't see the point in taking any action against them, because i don't think that excluding them from the mirrors list would make any difference for the better.

It would be more efficient if yum didnt check for non accessible mirrors. So it indeed makes it better for end users.

Maybe we could "advice" them to declare clearly that their mirror is only for they customers, as it is probably a plus to their customer and in this way thay are able to give them a better download experience ...

We dont include mirrors in the mirror list unless they are publicly accessible and meet the bandwidth requirements.

Rahul