Re: The Increasing Importance of Community

On 5/1/06, Max Spevack <mspevack@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Continuing to build a strong community around Fedora is one of the most
important things that we can do.  We've made good progress in the last few
months.  Gotta keep the momentum going.

Hello,

This is the prime objective of our new vFUDCon (virtual FUDCon)
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents/vFUDCon

Lately the French Ambassadors and I had a successful presentation on
online (irc) on how the French Community can participate being
non-english native.

We already have had some nice feedback and new contributors making
surface (from that presentation).

There is enough information about how to create one's own vFUDCon in
his/her native language here :
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraEvents/vFUDCon
If not, Ill be glad to answer further questions on creating own's vFUDCon.

Nevertheless, I feel Fedora's success with Community contribution lies
on the moto "everthing should be centralized on fedoraproject.org no
matter what the native language is"

Regards,
Chitlesh Goorah
--