Sponsored Media still needs a boost

Good morning, everyone. Thomas Chung was kind enough to add Sponsored Media [1] to Issue 43 of the Fedora Weekly News. [2]

As of this morning, Free Media [3] requests were already backed up 4 days with more than 20 un-filled requests. A good number of requests in the list are for Fedora users in developing nations. It is imperative that we encourage Sponsors for these international requests. After all, the main point of Free Media is to get Fedora to those who may not have the means to get it any other way. It would be an absolute shame if the only requests getting filled were for the USA. (again, thanks to Thomas)

It's time to pull out the stops and begin working any and all contacts you may have. If you're a regular on a forum, please make a post about Sponsored Media and the good it will do. If you know (or know of) someone who "mass communicates" either as a member of the Media, has a Blog or a Fan site, please talk with them. If you're not comfortable making the pitch on your own, if you could get me an introduction, I'll be happy to talk with them. The group here can also help you come up with contact/site specific points if you need something tailored.
Points to remember with Sponsored Media.
*Sometimes all people need to get their generosity flowing is to be asked. *The sponsor need not get a disc if they don't want one. (At least at On-Disk.com [4] We could still use other vendors too) *Fedora itself isn't asking for cash for the project, but there are folks out there who, in the past, have asked to support Fedora financially. If they are still out there and still feel supportive, they can help keep Free Media requests filled. O.K. gang, now let's get down to some good ol' fashion Marketing!
~Karlie

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Distribution/SponsoredMedia
[2] http://fedoranews.org/wiki/Fedora_Weekly_News_Issue_43
[3] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Distribution/FreeMedia