Re: [Fedora-livecd-list] Fedora LiveCD build#002

Jeff Spaleta wrote:

The underlying concept is which I seem to be unable to communicate to
you is.. testing incremental changes. If you do not have the
infrastructure to roll nightly builds, which incorporate incremental
changes made every day, then you can force portions of the system to
be static and make incremental changes based on segregated
functionality.  You update a portion of the system with specific
functionality testing in mind... and then move on to another portion
of the system in a later build.

Ok. Let's make sure users getting these Live discs know the Fedora Core LiveCD is a component in bugzilla at the least, it can be found under "Fedora Core" as component "LiveCD".

In the case of this build, there are a number of LiveCD specific
customization which are not dependant on specific application payload
which need to be tested. Changing the package payload only complicates
the process of testing that functionality.  If you make too many
changes, it because harder to do any targeted testing for any
functionality.
I'll admit, I have been grossly uninformed about the Fedora LiveCD for some time. It wasn't until just a few days ago that it was brought to my attention all of this discussion
was happenning on the fedora-marketing-list rather than fedora-livecd-list.

I'm subscribed now, so.. hello!
Thanks.

J. Hartline