Careful there. We havent established a written set of guidelines yet for using the logo though we have a temporary system in place for now (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Logo) and we should be doing so as soon as possible and this usage isnt any sort of ripping. Its good that people are passionate about Fedora to play with it and produce these sort of things. We are discussing setting up a gallery to encourage more creative fan artwork and let them share the results with the rest of us in an easy way.

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-websites-list/2006-January/msg00047.html

Rahul

On Wednesday 15 March 2006 14:44, Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:
As some of you may know, Shadowman from Red Hat Magazine is a very good
friend of mine.  He passed this along to me to share with the Fedora
community.  :)

--g

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2006 23:37:50 -0500
Subject: Ask Shadowman

Dear Shadowman,

I've got a wallpaper that started as a face drawn with ballpoint pen by my
2-1/2 year old daughter, Mia.  I continued where she left off, adding a
fedora, shadows, veins (in the eyeballs), a cigarette, a tie and a jacket.
Then I scanned it with xsane and used the gimp to add a nice background.
Finally, I ripped a Fedora logo from a Fedora Core 5 Test 3 virtual
machine (I used gftp to 'send' it to the PC running the virtual machine
and added it to the wallpaper with the gimp).  Anyway, I have a feeling
you'd like it.  Where can I send it, so that it can be included with the
next release of Fedora Core?

The wallpaper is located at http://www.miabrown.com/images/fedora01a.jpg

Steve Brown

Rahul