Distrowatch: First looks: Fedora Core 5 Test 2

Hi

There is every indication that we are going from strength to strength with this release. So far the responses have been overwhelmingly positive. If more of the community members test the third and final test release of Fedora Core 5 and make sure we dont get any major issues with the GA release, we have a hands down winner here.

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20060116

It was quite amusing to read my release notes overview quoted literally in the review. My only minor gripe is that I didnt specify that it was a prerelease of GCC 4.1 compiler and not the final version within the overview and got a possible sarcastic comment in return. Ouch!. We made the same mistake in the release announcement along with not mentioning KDE 3.5 though we got that fixed through a followup, thanks to Jesse Keating's nice work as a release manager. For someone's first time, not bad, not bad at all ;-) . Excellent work so far everyone. Just keep pushing this till we get a great Fedora Core 5 release out of the door and then sit back, relax and watch the community show for Fedora's true potential.

--
Rahul