Re: Mailing lists, redux

Hi

- I think we should add "devel" to the name of these lists:
fedora-desktop-list
fedora-tools-list
fedora-config-list

No, this is not important, but it avoids confusion for the users. With
"devel" in the name it's obvious that this is for devel discussions.
Yes, there will still be people that don't get it, but that will always
happen.

These lists are quite in any case -- do we still need them?
We definitely need to the desktop list. We should be increasing the visibility with many of the desktop related changes that goes into every release. What could be possibly done with it is the following

* Community contests and perhaps bounties on desktop themes and wallpapers with the desktop team * Bring more visibility with theming, menus and other changes related to the desktop that happens in every release. * Usability - How about inviting users to post screencasts recording from experiences from non technical users? . See http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ScreenCasting

Other ideas?

regards
Rahul