Why Linux needs a mentor program

Hi

It was interesting to read your article on http://business.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=05/09/13/1816200&tid=35. It was particularly relevant to me since Fedora very recently started a mentoring program[1] to get users and developers to participate and get involved in Fedora is a better way. While its not a entirely new idea or effort its good to see we set ourselves in the right direction. The amount of involvement required to take it to Linux on the whole is enormous. I believe we already do that in a modular fashion in the form of various help sites like http://linuxquestions.org for users or http://kernelnewbies.org for developers. A central place to list and combine all these efforts might work better rather doing it from scratch

regards
Rahul

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mentors