Re: Red Hat Establishes Fedora Mirror Site in China

Hi

Now, I have a few questions:

1. was RH ever going to ask/consult/tell us about
fedoraproject.org.cn /before/ its inception?
I find this lack of communication not positive
Agreed.

2. Is the content there going to be localised? Last I checked, RH
Beijing was hiring ~80 staff (earlier this year), so how important is
RHEL/Fedora there?

>3. Competition from Sun Wah Linux and Red Flag linux (I think they're

now a fedora/chinese spinoff) is rife. Thoughts?
Not many ideas but I will share some information. Miracle Corporation (Japan) , Red Flag (China) and Haansoft (Korea) have formed http://asianux.com. Its a Red Hat Enterprise Linux spinoff with a heavily themed Anaconda and a general Windows like look and feel. These along with Turbolinux seem to be popular in this region. SCIM input method ( in rawhide) with a strong native language support should put Fedora on par

Download

http://www.asianux.com/download.php

Some articles and screenshots

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20050929#1