Re: Unfortunate articles

Marc Wiriadisastra wrote:

Hi All,

I have been reading up on fedoraforums and I found some interesting
links to articles.
http://distrowatch.com/dwres.php?resource=article-rpm

Thats the article itself.  It poses some interesting points and some of
them I feel are valid.  The question is though is it an rpm problem or
is it a yum / apt or whatever package management softwares fault.  I'd
be interested to hear your point of view.  If this has been pointed out
before please forgive my ignorance.
The article is pretty old. The dependencies issues that it talks about can easily be resolved by using yum or up2date. It might be useful to send a mail to the distrowatch maintainer asking him to add a note on top implying this or just link to http://fedora.redhat.com/docs/yum/

regards
Rahul