Re: mentors

Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:

It would be good to start a fedora-mentors list and see if it works. We dont risk much by that effort.

A mailing list is sort of already an environment of mentorship by
committee, isn't it?  Are we talking about more of a one-on-one
relationship?  Perhaps we're better off with a simple mechanism for
matching mentors and mentees.  Maybe we do something like...

1. Build a simple wiki page with a couple of paragraphs talking about why a mentor program is valuable and useful.
Done. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Mentors

2. A sign-up page for prospective mentors, where they describe what they're good at.

3. A sign-up page for prospective mentees, where they describe what skills they're looking to improve.
We really need to advertise that there is a oppurtunity first. I am not sure how the sign up process is supposed to work. Do you mean other wiki pages?

regards
Rahul