Another FC4 review

Hi

http://tuxtops.com/?q=node/231

A fair number of the valid criticisms include perceived slowness of native Eclipse (related to GCJ?) and bugs , system-config-packages , more visibility for NetworkManager, no automount of FAT partitions, up2date applet bug

Improvements planned for the next release address nearly all of the above concerns : http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FC5Future.

MP3 and NTFS amoung others isnt included for legal reasons : Check http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ForbiddenItems. Incidentally will the Fedora Foundation change the liability for any of these is a question that comes up pretty often. I guess not but we should run this through legal and getting a more official statement for future FF related announcements

Things to check up: Synpatics laptop application for tweaking it and try to look at setting it up the right way by default if that isnt already happening. I would appreciate more details on whats the status of this if any of the people in this list is using this. Would also be nice to respond to this review in detail. Interested?

regards
Rahul