Re: Attention / Interest / Desire / Action, getfedora.org, or why marketing 'the Fedora project' is a bad idea.

seth vidal wrote:

"The Fedora Project is an open source project sponsored by Red Hat and supported by the Fedora community. It is also a proving ground for new technology that may eventually make its way into Red Hat products. It is not a supported product of Red Hat, Inc."

So far readers don't know:
- That Fedora is a Linux distro, or an Operating System
- Why it's good
- Where to get it
- Where to get help for it

They do know:
- That its Open Source
- That stuff in it may end up in RHEL
- That it is not supported by Red Hat

Given this, are you sure fedora.redhat.com is currently focused towards end users?

Pretty positive that we can't change the front page of fedora.redhat.com
w/o an act of law. :)

The front page is off limits w/o approval from 7 of 9 rings of red hat's
internal hell.
I figured as much - I have an internal account and doing my own job can be hard :^).

I propose: getfedora.org or similar for users (based around the idea that there's a much larger audience among people that don't already run Linux than that do).

Making a mock up is simple and I hereby volunteer to do so, provided somebody promises to listen to me and host it somewhere should I manage to convince them.

And fedoraproject.org for developers.

Mike