Re: fedoraproject.org

seth vidal wrote:

What I'd like is a statement "Yes, everyone can get access here -- we're
not a closed development group, we just want to avoid spammers" (or
something like that) on the FrontPage after "In order to help in the
editing you must first setup an account by going to UserPreferences.
After that, inform someone within the EditGroup, so that they can add
you."

I don't have a problem with that but there are going to be some pages
which are, in fact, closed off. I think that's reasonable, actually.

See if this sounds like a suitable introduction for the FrontPage:

--
Welcome to the <http://fedora.redhat.com/> [http://fedora.redhat.com/
Fedora] Project Wiki.

Want to help?  We welcome new editors, but we must take a few
precautions to maintain the integrity of the wiki. In order to help in
the editing you must first setup an account by going to
[wiki:UserPreferences UserPreferences]. After that, inform someone
within the [wiki:EditGroup EditGroup] so that they can add you.  It also
wouldn't hurt to [wiki:Extras/Introduction introduce yourself].

Patrick "The N-Man" Barnes
nman64@xxxxxxxxx

www.n-man.com