Re: Feedback on Fedora Core 4 test 2 review

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

All of the Fedora Core development is done by Red Hat employees which contains a good number of software developed by the community. Encouring the community to participate in the process through efforts like Fedora Extras and Fedora Legacy only helps to enhance it obviously

regards
Rahul

I come down in agreement with Rahul on this one. I can completely understand Red Hat's reasons for discontinuing Red Hat Linux, and I don't think it was treacherous, just disappointing. I was hoping that Red Hat could make it go, and I'm happy that RHL lived as long as it did. The fact that Red Hat continues to support Fedora indicates a level of integrity that not all firms have anymore. I also believe that Red Hat did a lot to bolster the credibility of Linux in the eyes of many people.

I don't think Red Hat ever hid the Fedora Project. I got the EOL email and it pointed me to the Red Hat site with the big RHEL vs. Fedora links. The choices were pretty obvious to me. I had to scramble a bit....because I was a couple of weeks away from starting a new class on RHL 9, but I switched to FC1 and pulled it out.

Erik