Re: Hello, nice too meet you

On 3/18/20 12:41 AM, Harry wrote:
> Hi guys, my name is Harry and I want to apply to Fedora Games SIG,
> reasons listed below
>
> 1. I mainly use fedora to develop C++ & Go applications, but when I want
> to relax, I have to reboot to Windows in order to play my steam game,
> which is very annoying
> 2. I hope we can make fedora not only a GREAT development OS, but also a
> good entertainment platform
> 3. I hope we can adopt some windows game to Fedora by using
> technologies such as Wine
> 4. I recently noticed Stream's Proton, I hope we can make it more "high
> availability" on fedora
>
> Area of knowledge
>
> 1. About Nvidia driver, Nvidia prime, etc
> 2. Wine
>
> I understant that my knowledge may not be qualified to join this group,
> since I am still a high-school student, but I am ready to learn a lot of
> thing and try my best to contribute

Hi Harry, welcome! Happy to have you here.

You may have seen the Games SIG wiki page. This is a good place to start
and learn more about the Games SIG and some of the work done here:

    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Games

Most of the work that happens here is creating RPM packages, either open
source games or open source tools and libraries for game developers.

In 2016, some folks brainstormed on ideas to revive the Games SIG. Not
much has been done on these things to date, but for historical
reference, you can find those notes here:

    https://etherpad.gnome.org/p/fedora-games-sig-brainstorm

Someone else on this list might have some beginner-friendly tasks for
packaging, if that is interesting to you. Currently I am not actively
involved in the Games SIG, but I'm happy to help point you in the right
direction as I can.

--
Cheers,
Justin W. Flory (he/him)