Adding AppData <content_rating> to all games in Fedora?

Hi all,

For over a year I've been asking application authors upstream to add
support for the OARS content rating scheme for any apps that are
tagged as games. This means we can show some advisory text (note: no
apps are ever hidden) in the details panel on each game we show in the
software center. This helps parents to make a decision on what
applications are suitable to install for their children. It also
allows distros to choose what applications are going to be featured
depending on the locale they are aimed for. Different countries have
different cultural sensitivities and we want to use this information
to better suggest applications in the software center.

I've asked a lot of upstream authors to add this information, and the
response has been generally positive. I am aware, however, that quite
a few games are no longer "active" upstream and thus the AppData file
is shipped downstream in Fedora. This is where I need some help.

Adding the content rating is really simple. Simply visit
https://odrs.gnome.org/oars and answer the 21 multiple choice
questions, then paste the generated XML into the downstream AppData
file. The next time we regenerate the AppStream metadata your app will
have an age rating that depend on your current locale and country. If
you ship your application as a flatpak the metadata update is pretty
much instant.

The following packages have a content rating already, which is awesome!

 * 0ad
 * abe
 * atomix
 * btbuilder
 * five-or-more
 * four-in-a-row
 * gbrainy
 * gnome-2048
 * gnome-klotski
 * gnome-mines
 * gnome-robots
 * gnome-taquin
 * hexalate
 * hitori
 * iagno
 * lightsoff
 * lugaru
 * simsu
 * swell-foop
 * tanglet

However, there is a long list of packages that don't:

 * aisleriot
 * alienarena
 * amoebax
 * apx
 * arcem
 * armacycles-ad
 * asc
 * astromenace
 * atanks
 * ballbuster
 * ballerburg
 * ballz
 * barrage
 * BasiliskII
 * berusky
 * berusky2
 * billiards
 * biloba
 * blinken
 * blobby
 * blobwars
 * BlockOutII
 * bolzplatz2006
 * boswars
 * btanks
 * bzflag
 * CardManager
 * cave9
 * ccgo
 * cdogs-sdl
 * chocolate-doom
 * chromium-bsu
 * clanbomber
 * colossus
 * crawl-tiles
 * CriticalMass
 * crossfire-client
 * darkplaces-quake
 * dolphin-emu
 * edgar
 * endless-sky
 * enigma
 * extremetuxracer
 * fbg2
 * fbzx
 * fillets-ng
 * findthatword
 * flare
 * flaw
 * FlightGear
 * flyingsaucersattack
 * freeciv
 * freeciv
 * freecol
 * freedoom
 * freedoom2
 * freedoom-freedm
 * freedroidrpg
 * freeorion
 * frozen-bubble
 * funguloids
 * garden
 * glaxium
 * glob2
 * gnome-chess
 * gnome-mahjongg
 * gnome-nibbles
 * gnome-sudoku
 * gnome-tetravex
 * gogui
 * granatier
 * gweled
 * hatari
 * haxima
 * hedgewars
 * hex-a-hop
 * hexglass
 * iapetal
 * kajongg
 * kanagram
 * kapman
 * katomic
 * kblackbox
 * kblocks
 * kgoldrunner
 * khangman
 * knapsen
 * KoboDeluxe
 * kollision
 * kshisen
 * ksudoku
 * kubrick
 * lbrickbuster2
 * lincity-ng
 * lordsawar
 * Maelstrom
 * manaplus
 * marsshooter
 * megaglest-data
 * methane
 * minetest
 * mirrormagic
 * mj
 * mrrescue
 * naev
 * netpanzer
 * neverball-neverball
 * neverball-neverputt
 * nogravity
 * office-runner
 * openalchemist
 * openarena
 * opencity
 * openclonk
 * openlierox
 * openmsx-catapult
 * openmw
 * openttd
 * orthorobot
 * overgod
 * pairs
 * peg-solitaire
 * picmi
 * pioneer
 * pioneers
 * plee-the-bear
 * pychess
 * quadrapassel
 * quake3-demo
 * rafkill
 * redeclipse
 * Ri-li
 * rocksndiamonds
 * rott-shareware
 * scorched3d
 * scorchwentbonkers
 * scummvm
 * SheepShaver
 * shippy-common
 * slingshot
 * springlobby
 * steam
 * sudoku-savant
 * supertux
 * supertuxkart
 * tali
 * teeworlds
 * torcs
 * trackballs
 * tremulous
 * tuxanci
 * tuxtype2
 * uqm
 * urbanterror
 * valyriatear
 * vavoom-doom-shareware
 * vavoom-engine
 * vavoom-heretic-shareware
 * vavoom-hexen-demo
 * vavoom-strife-demo
 * vice-x64
 * warmux
 * warsow
 * warzone2100
 * wesnoth-data
 * wolf4sdl-shareware
 * wolf4sdl-spear-demo
 * wordwarvi
 * worldofpadman
 * xarchon
 * xmoto
 * xonotic
 * xpilot-ng
 * xscorch
 * zaz

I'm not sure filing bugs against these packages is going to be super
popular, but I'm wondering if adding the requirement of content_rating
to the package guidelines might be a good first step? Comments
welcome. Thanks!

Richard.