Re: Red Eclipse

> Hi all I would like to know what's going on with the game and it is over a year not working.

More details about what is not working would likely be helpful. Is
there an open bug report?

I recently had a look at the redeclipse package in Fedora actually,
since I wanted to update our own in Mageia (initially based off
Fedora's judging by the similarities in the spec file).

My current spec can be seen here (redeclipse 1.5.6):
http://svnweb.mageia.org/packages/cauldron/redeclipse/current/SPECS/redeclipse.spec?view=markup
The game runs fine on Mageia.
For comparison, here is the current rawhide spec (redeclipse 1.5.3,
could use an update):
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/rpms/redeclipse.git/tree/redeclipse.spec

>From a quick glance I don't see what would make the Fedora package
non-functional, but I see some noticeable bugs in the %files sections:
- The full contents of `%{_libexecdir}/%{name}` are packaged in both
`redeclipse` and `redeclipse-server`, which is kind of redundant. I
chose to move the common parts to `redeclipse-data` and keep only in
the binary packages their respective `%{_libexecdir}/%{name}/$pkgname`
binaries.
- More critical, the full contents of `%{_datadir}/%{name}` are
packaged in both `redeclipse-data` (normal) and `redeclipse-server`.
That means that redeclipse-server would also be some 900 MB+ like the
data package, which is totally bogus. The solution is to make the
server package require the data package, and fix the bogus %files
section.

I guess rebasing the Fedora package on my Mageia version wouldn't harm :)

Regards,
Rémi / Akien