Re: Alive?

On 10/10/2014 08:12 AM, Mo Morsi wrote:
On 10/09/2014 11:53 AM, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
On Thu, Oct 09, 2014 at 11:41:09 +0200,
 Raphael Groner <projects.rg@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

is this games SIG still alive? I see that on this list and in the wiki,
there is very little activity.

There are a few packagers that care about games. In that sense the SIG is alive. We don't have a lot of discussions about best practices, recruiting new packagers willing to work on games or much else right now.

My gaming packages so far:
dreamchess - already in the repo
gnurobbo - already in the repo (waits for some karma)
tuxfootball - waits for review
paintown - waits for review

Thanks!

Shameless self promo, but a few upstream developers have been working to get a small game-related side project [1] into Fedora [2]. Progress on this front has been admittedly slow, but hope to see it in at some point.

  -Mo

[1] https://github.com/movitto/omega

[2] https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AobFGzrrFYAQdDM5UFZxTGU5X1hHUHlkejFENE1zeVE#gid=0

Oh ya almost forgot, contributions / help on either front (upstream or downstream) is more than welcome! :-)

Thanks for looking,
  -Mo