Re: Is vegastrike working for anyone in F15 or rawhide?

On Tue, Jun 28, 2011 at 08:06:00 -0500,
  Bruno Wolff III <bruno@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Also at some point two other optional data sets were added or split out
> from vegastrike that we currently don't include. One is extra textures,
> which I'll look at adding as an optional subpackage of vegastrike-data
> and another is speech that I will look at adding as an optional subpackage
> of vegastrike-music. I need to check the licenses and codecs yet to make
> sure they are OK, but expect I won't find any problems.

I have built vegastrike 0.5.1 beta1-2 for rawhide. There are now optional
-speech and -extra packages. On my rv280 based system the game seems to
play OK, though I didn't go too far. On my nv28, things crash after a
bit. Live images aren't working too well right now, so testing this
on an only slightly old system is difficult for me right now.

This is probably enough of an improvement over 0.5.0 on F15, that it is
worth bring that to F15. However, I also might want to use this as an
opportunity to do the ogre upgrade from 1.7.2 to 1.7.3, and rebuild
(and update the world forge stack) stuff that uses ogre?