Re: Standardizing various games packaging things across distros

Hi,

On 05/09/2011 02:08 AM, Richard Hartmann wrote:
> FYI, it seems extremely likely that any and all games directories will
> be deprecated in the new release of the FHS. In case you _disagree_,
> it's time to hit the FHS mailing list.

Interesting, what is to happen with /var/games ?

And what do we want to happen with /var/games ?

Also wrt /var/games, from my pov it is not worth the effort to
mv highscore files for existing games from there to
/var/lib/games (or the other way around). This will require
always fragile pre/post install scripts for very little gain,
so my proposal is to leave the location of global highscore
files unchanged for existing packages.

Regards,

Hans