graphics and possibly network not working well with wine (was a digest subject)

On Mon, Nov 02, 2009 at 20:11:33 +0000,
  govil khatri <govilcare@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I tried to play games like Counter strike and Age of empires through wine,
> and it was shows very bad colors and resolution even sometimes(most of the
> time )it doesnt connect on LAN.
> Any assistance !

Try it in F12. If you aren't using an nVidia card, try it without proprietary
drivers first.
wine isn't on the games spin, so if you want to try it on a live cd/dvd, don't
use that one.