Re: Games Spin status update

On Sat, Dec 13, 2008 at 11:22:46 -0600,
  Bruno Wolff III <bruno@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I am going to try another build today. Maybe with some updates for the
> dbus issue things will work better. Also some fixes are in for the
> depency issues I was seeing and I hope to see fewer errors there.

I learned that prefdm is what runs an appropiate display manager. So
this script failing is why I am not getting X started. I suspect that
no display manager was installed and that is why the script is failing.
As a hack, I am going to try adding gdm to the games kickstart file
and see if that fixes things. If it does we can discuss the correct
fix. I won't be able to finish testing this until late tonight or tomorrow
as I need to leave before I will be able to complete this.

I also plan on looking into what is limiting things to 4GB. So far I have
found that it isn't supposed to be a squashfs limit, so I think eventually
we can get another 400 MB to give a bit of breathing room.

I was also just thinking about how this might work with live usb devices
and persistent overlays. It might be cool to carry around a usb drive
that not only allows you to play games on other computers, but to also
allow you to set and keep preferences and to be able to save games.