Re: Updating wfut package

Michael Thomas пишет:
Alexey Torkhov wrote:
Michael Thomas wrote:
Alexey Torkhov wrote:
The current wfut package provides a single binary executable that is used by sear. If I recall correctly, the new upstream wfut package provides a shared library that is linked into applications like ember and the CVS version of sear. These two packages should be able to be
installed at the same time with no conflicts.
The conflict is in that wfut binary. libwfut also providing it as a simple command line client. However, it is possible to rename it in to, say, 'wfut-cmd' or strip it.

Does either ember, or sear CVS, use the new wfut CLT? If not, then we could remove it from the new libwfut package, and reintroduce it once sear releases a new version that allows us to obsolete the old wfut package.
No, ember and sear cvs are using libwfut shared library directly AFAIK.

Alternately, will the current sear release work using the new wfut CLT, or is the command line syntax different between the two wfut implementations?
And command line is completely different between these two.
So, I'm guessing, removing CLT from new libwfut package would be easiest solution.

Alex.