Re: wesnoth 1.4

JC> I've got it built for F9/rawhide, but since it looks like 1.4
JC> breaks saved game compatibility, I'm not sure I'm going to build
JC> it for F-8.

I have always avoided breaking Nazghul saved games in stable Fedora
releases, because the updates happen automatically and you don't want
users being broken overnight because they happened to let an update
happen.

I also work to make my upstream aware of this kind of thing, because
in their mind you just don't build a newer version if you have a game
in progress and that doesn't really mesh with how distros work.  So
far they've been receptive and helpful.

If someone really wants new features, I'm happy to give them a koji
build they can install manually with the understanding that it breaks
their games.  But overnight breakage of existing games is right out.

 - J<