Re: wesnoth 1.4

Jon Ciesla wrote:

I've noticed that wesnoth version 1.4 has been released, but
unfortunately in repo we have 1.2.8.
Here http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/WesnothBinariesLinux#Fedora I found
your contact,
and I ask you, please, build update for this version too. I'm sure many
others wesnoth's lovers waiting for it.

I've got it built for F9/rawhide, but since it looks like 1.4 breaks saved
game compatibility, I'm not sure I'm going to build it for F-8.

Since you're not the first person to ask me about this, I'm CCing the rest
of the Games SIG.

SIG, what do you think?  Build 1.4 for F-8, or leave it in rawhide?

I am not a regular Wesnoth player (just enjoy it from time to time in single player mode), but from what I understand, network playing is a very important reason people enjoy it. AFAIK, to play on the official servers one must have to have the latest version.

That should be weighted against the breaking of saved games. Don't know which side of the balance should prevail, as I already said, I am not a regular player.