Re: Games packaging guidelines

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
Hi

I noticed that we have some games specific guidelines at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SIGs/Games#head-367e7208aacfec8f8aff1b34c1795e43c0967ecd

Shouldn't that be somewhere under packaging guidelines or atleast be referred to from it?

A link to it would be good I guess

I can propose this as a draft to the packaging committee if the games SIG is supportive of that. For someone newly packaging a game, the games specific packaging guidelines are not visible at all currently.

Before being proposed they would need some polishing, esp the one about packaging data seperately needs to be clarified and once it is clarified its kinda already in the guidelines (which already contain text about having one srpm per upstream tarbal AFAIK), the others are mostly little (often important_ details so I'm not sure if they should be made into generic guidelines.

But a pointer to them definetely is a good idea.

Regards,

Hans