Re: Crack AstroMenace players needed!

On Tue, 2007-12-11 at 10:23 -0600, Jon Ciesla wrote:
> > What sound system does it use, SDL, SDL_mixer, openal?
>
> openal.

I've been having trouble with this as far back as FC6. OpenAL defaults
to OSS, which is bad. That means it will not get along with anything
else. I've been having to edit my /etc/openalrc like so, on every system
I want to run Second Life on:

(define devices '(alsa native))

(define alsa-device "default")

Which worked great pre-pulseaudio. But now in F8 even this seems to have
trouble. OpenAL and pulse's ALSA redirection seem to not get along.

This really needs to be worked out for Second Life to run acceptably
"out of the box" one I get the darn thing merged...