Re: Including Colossus

On Sun, Nov 25, 2007 at 20:14:40 +0100,
  Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> >
> >I would be willing to try to package the game. (I've done the CLA
> >but haven't packaged anything yet and don't have experience writing spec
> >files from scratch, though I have mnade minor modifications to existing
> >ones.)
> >

> Sounds interesting and sounds like you've done your homework, so I say go
> for it.

OK, I will start doing some ground work on it. I have a link to some page
with information on being a packager and I'll go over that to get started.
I'll ask questions as I need further help.

At a first cut, how much do you think I should cut out?
I am thinking the artwork for the original legion markers markers is a definite
no no, but the rest of the stuff is at worst borderline.

I have some scanned images of the original masterboard and battleboards I
can show someone when I think I am getting close.

How does one handle subtracting stuff from a distributed tar ball? I would
think that shipping the source tar ball from the project would be a problem,
as just having a patch remove the artwork wouldn't work for avoiding copyright
issues.