Re: Star Trek

On Sun, Nov 04, 2007 at 15:13:11 -0600,
  Callum Lerwick <seg@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I own a tattered copy of "Basic Computer Games" that has a rather long
> listing for Super Star Trek that I've always wanted to play but I never
> did get the whole thing typed in. Which included porting it to GFA Basic
> 2.0 on the Atari ST I was using at the time. IIRC I got partway and lost
> it in a disk failure. Stupid floppies. ;P

Some guys I knew made their own significant changes to an existing Star
Trek program in the late 70s that was written in basic. They were both
named Mike and one's last name was Lampi, I have forgotten the other's.
They may still have a copy of the game saved somewhere.
It was liked in our group at the time. They ran a tournament one weekend
and got the local TV news people to cover it.