Fedora And Second Life

Hi

Good work folks.

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2007/103107-second-life.html?page=1

"[Lerwick] did a lot of work there. Soon we will be able to drop Kakadu."

"My ultimate goal is to make the Second Life client available in the official Fedora repository. This is made difficult by the client's dependence on some closed-source libraries," Lerwick says. He took on the job of optimizing the OpenJPEG library to bring it up to a usable level of performance, and wrote a patch for the Linux client to use OpenAL for audio. "

Rahul