Re: Fedora games Live CD?

Nicu Buculei wrote:
Hans de Goede wrote:
Rahul Sundaram wrote:
I could do one specifically for them but is there any interest in having it more widely available? Is a Fedora games Live CD worth the effort?

If you build the CD then I think it make absolutely sense to make it widely available.

Well, to get 15000 cd's out there, hell ya! So we need to strip the desktop to the bone and then very carefully select games based on size.

I would like to nominate:
-The floppy editions of

I think if a games CD is intended to have any success, it have to include more than geeky games, is a must to cover some mainstream genres, IMO Wesnoth is a must, a real 3D shooter is a must and maybe a car game. I understand those are large games and the size is important, but the purpose is to have games people will play (do not address only a niche of players).

Have you actually tried Beneath a steel sky? It does cover a mainstream genre, the genre of games like Monkey Island, and the later point and click interface larry's and space quests and it covers that well, and only for 8 Mb!

Also a lot of the other games I mentioned are not pure geeky. Who doesn't like pacman or the well known Russian falling blocks game?

Regards,

Hans