Re: Games livecd / dvd

A couple of things to consider with a games livecd:

Would you want to include game servers? This might be more appropriate for a custom games spin, but not a livecd due to the extra configuration that might be required.

Include 3D games? Some 3D games have really poor performance unless you use the binary-only drivers from your graphics card vendor, which wouldn't be allowed for a Fedora cd/dvd.

Some game content, even the best of the best, can be in excess of 70MB. For example, wesnoth (a must-have) is 94MB. That's 1/8 of a 750MB CD. Clearly you wouldn't be able to include many large-content games on a livecd. I would only consider creating a livedvd.

--Wart

Jon Ciesla wrote:
Be what criteria would we limit content?  I assume everything would fit on
a DVD, but for the CD we'd probably have to winnow it down to The Best of
The Best, a good sampling of types that show off The State of Fedora
Gaming(r).

Maybe a list compiled from votes by the members of this list?  We could
all pick our favorites.

Or perhaps I'm over-thinking this.

I'll play around with it if I get time, which I may soon. Send the list
must-haves.  Or, better yet, Hans could create a page for this in the
wiki.

Jon

Hi all,

I think it would be a great idea to use the new tools to create a Fedora 7
games livecd + dvd. However I'm currently way to busy to also start a
project
like this.

Any takers?

Regards,