Re: games-menus feedback wanted

Hans de Goede wrote:

Michael Thomas wrote:
Hans de Goede wrote:
HI all,

I've been working hard on getting game submenus realised, as atleast 2 people here wanted them (Tibbs and Wart), and I must say that I'm a bit disappointed about the lack of feedback.

So please do a:
rpm -ivh http://people.atrpms.net/~hdegoede/games-menus-0.2-1.fc7.noarch.rpm

Click on your menu goto games and enjoy. Also we should start fixing our packages for games which show up in a strange place and start filing bugs against other peoples packages, again for more info on how to properly use the Categories field see: https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-games-list/2007-March/msg00003.html

I've actually been using this for the past week on two separate machines. It's _greatly_ improved the usability of the Games menu, though I had to update a few of my packages to get them located in the right category. :)

Good to hear!

I'm left with two that I'm not sure how to categorize:

neverball: This is a 'roll the ball around a maze and avoid the traps' type of game. it's not really a board game, so maybe 'logic & puzzles' would be the best fit?

Yes good question, I need to fix trackballs too, I gess logic and puzzles is the best choice, shall we put both of them (trackballs and neverball) there?

That would work for me.  I'm updating neverball now.

xpilot: it's like a multiplayer version of asteroids, on steroids. It has the visual appearance of an arcade game, but much more complicated gameplay.

Arcade is very crowded, so I would say action. My rule kinda is:
If it isn't a straight forward clone of an arcade game -> action.

The mean reason for this is because for a while I've focused on packaging true arcade clones and even with games-menus installed my arcade menu has scroll arrows (I still need to recategorize some packages, hopefully that will help).

I'll go ahead and put both Action and Arcade, to be more descriptive, even though this will still leave it in the Action menu.

I see that wormux is also cluttering up the ArcadeGame menu. I'll move this to 'Strategy' instead.

--Wart