Re: Testers with radeon 9600 or 9800 wanted for new 3D package

Michael Thomas wrote:
Hans de Goede wrote:
p.s.

Since you got this running and running as it should (IOW not at 2 fps),
would you be willing to also review it?

And / or maybe even maintain it. I'm currently investigating of buying
an radeon 9800 in combination with the new opensource r300 dri drivers
is a solution to get this working properly on my system, but if it isn't
I won't be capable to properly maintain it, reproducing problems is
going to be impossible at 2 fps.

I'll go ahead and maintain it. It's a dependency for ember, a WorldForge client that we've been talking about on IRC.

I assume you're talking about ogre hre, I was talking about both ogre and chess. I hope you will do chess too? Then I can cease my search for a better yer opensource supported videocard and once again be happy with my radeon 9250.

I won't have a chance to do anything more with it until this weekend, though.

No problem.

Regards,

Hans

p.s.

Talking about ogre, I've used the SDL and not the GLX platform driver, see a small commment in the specfile about this. This comment includes a BZ nummer which refers to a BZ ticket about the use of Xrandr in another causing problems. This is however not game specific the use of Xrandr in general for resolution switching for games really is a bad idea, see BZ.

One of us should contact upstream and get them to switch to XF86VidMode instead, as I've done for gcompris.