Re: Games submenus

Christopher Stone wrote:
> A few months ago I tried out GNOME to see if it has made any
> improvements, and one thing I noticed is that the Games menu does not
> have any submenus.  As someone who installs every game available, this
> made the menu quite unorganized.  KDE has several submenus under games
> such as Arcade, Card Games, Kids Games, Strategy etc.
>
> I am wondering if it is possible to define some sub-categories we can
> use for games to help clean up the games menu?  Does GNOME support
> these submenus?  And is it possible to define our own set of submenus
> for the Games menu?  I think that since there are going to be many
> more games added over the coming months and years it would be prudent
> to implement some standards for this if possible as the Games menu is
> already quite large, especially in GNOME.

If I'm not mistaken, I believe the menus are built from the Category
settings in the .desktop files.  I wonder if there's a way to get
submenus created for the various categories of games:  ArcadeGame,
StrategyGame, PuzzleGame, 3DGame, etc.

I agree that having a Games menu so large that it can't be fully
rendered on a 1600x1200 display is a little annoying.  :)

--Mike