Re: non-desktop art?

Wart wrote:
Cross-posting to f-g-l due to relevance:

I thought myself about cross-posting in the first place, sorry for not doing it :p

Nicu Buculei wrote:
Ideas for such personalization:
- a set of stones in Same Gnome featuring the infinity symbol from the
logo;
- the back of the playing cards being in Fedora's blue.

I think this is a fine idea.  From what I can tell, installing a new
same-gnome theme is just a matter of dropping a new .png file into
/usr/share/gnome-games/same-gnome/themes.  Other gnome games are
probably just as easy to re-theme.

Right, usually just dropping a PNG or SVG file.
See a simple example: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/games/same_fedora.svg
(it have to be modified for final use, a little animation is needed). Just drop in the same-gnome themes directory. Or just look at the screenshot: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/games/Screenshot-Same%20GNOME.png

I can see two ways to add the additional themes.  The preferred method
would be to submit them upstream and get them included in the original
upstream package.  This would simplify the packaging and installation
process greatly.

I do not think is useful to send branded themes to upstream, almost sure they will not want to promote any specific distro.

I would welcome new themes for these games and would be willing to help
coordinate with upstream or package them separately as needed.

I think i'm going now to do an animated version of the theme, just for my amusement :p

--
nicu
my hats collection: http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/hats/