Re: should clamav-data package supersede clamav-db ?

Denis Leroy wrote:
Matthias Saou wrote:
Jima wrote :

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007, David Timms wrote:
Perhaps changing the clamav-data package to obsolete clamav-db would be the nicest way to solve this. And if forge/fresh continue to package, it might be worth suggesting they do similar for their package ?
  -1, Flamebait ;-)
Jima: Can you estimate 'when' it's been discussed before ?

Why? First of all, the package doesn't come from freshrpms, but
rpmforge, as I've never packaged it on freshrpms ;-)
I didn't spend the time to find out where it was from - sorry about that - but those two repos are the additional ones I have enabled on my system.

Second, you should contact Dries and suggest :
1) To remove the rpmforge clamav packages for the Fedora releases which
have them in Extras
I might even have enabled the wrong fc release with rpmforge repo, I'll need to check that out.

2) To consider using the clamav-db name instead of clamav-data
Which name fits the guidelines ?  {-data is currently in extras}

Then also poke the Extras clamav maintainer to have the proper
"Obsoletes: clamav-db <= last-known-V-R" added to the clamav-data
package.
This will achieve what I though we would want in fedora;, but would also be susceptible to rpmforge releasing a later V or R, and causing a change to the rpmforge packages, wouldn't it ?

I read several complaints on fedora-list about the way clamav is packaged in Extras, I think that's why a lot of people use the RPMs from other repos...
I don't have time at the moment to scan the archives. Can you remember if these seemed like fixable issues while still fitting the fedora packaging guidelines ?

Thanks, DavidT.