Re: Naming of language binding package if its part of the main lib.

On Sat, 2007-03-31 at 19:55 +0200, Hans de Goede wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've recently packaged paragui, and this comes with python bindings included,
> I've used "%package python" for these bindings resulting in paragui-python as
> name, this seems natural, but if the python bindings were a stand alone
> package, it would violate the package naming guidelines. In the stand alone
> case the name must be "python-paragui", which can be realized in this case too,
> by using: "%package -n python-%{name}" .
>
> So which one is best in the bindings included in the main lib case?

The packaging committee talked about this in the last three months but I
don't recall if we settled on a policy.

I believe the general consensus was that ${language}-${pkg} was better
but as I said, I don't remember if we formalized it as policy.

-Toshio