Re: GRID packages

On 28/03/07, Filipe Garrett <fgarret@xxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

I'm interested in setting a small Fedora grid.
I've already tried TORQUE (but it wasn't easy to install it with MAUI
and the original scheduler is too simple).

I think it would be a good idea to add other softwares and/or the MAUI
scheduler to the extras repository.

Since Java is now open source, I think it would be interesting to
include Sun's GRID Engine in the next Fedora release.

Have you looked at Oscar? http://oscar.openclustergroup.org/

That's a collection of packages that when installed turn a Fedora
installation into a frontend node for a cluster, allowing compute
nodes to boot from the frontend. There is an SGE rpm as part of that.

Jonathan.