Re: Orphanizing the OrphanedPackages Wiki page

Michael Schwendt wrote:
After sending this message, I won't keep an eye on the OrphanedPackages
Wiki page and on orphaned packages anymore. I will also discontinue with
monitoring the orphan owner in bugzilla. With the locks on owners.list
and CVS it makes no sense to continue with such activities.

I believe maintaining this in two places is too much manual work in the long-term.

Perhaps we should have a script that reads owners.list and to auto-generates a static page that displays the orphans? This could be written independently of anything else.

http://rubenkerkhof.com/review
Something like this... except generated with links to the CVS of each orphaned package.

Any volunteers to write this?  Pretty easy project.

Warren Togami
wtogami@xxxxxxxxxx