Re: signing a JAR file

Ville Skyttä wrote:
On Wednesday 14 February 2007, Rob Crittenden wrote:
I'm looking into adding Java Security Services (JSS). This is a Java JNI
interface to Network Security Services (NSS) for crypto.

According to
http://www.mozilla.org/projects/security/pki/jss/provider_notes.html it
won't work unless the jar file is signed (using jarsigner).

It won't work with Sun's (nor with BEA's, IBM's etc I think) Java unless signed, but I guess GCJ doesn't care. But that's just guesswork, haven't verified it.

Can I package up the mozilla.org jar pre-signed jar file? I think that would qualify it as a "binary distribution" though which is frowned upon.

rob