Re: Yet-to-be-reviewed-packages.

Gilboa Davara wrote:
> Two questions:
> A. Where do I find the list of new FE packages.

As David mentioned in an earlier reply, just take a look at the dependents of
the FE-NEW bug. :)

> B. Given my limited (buy improving...) knowledge in packaging, I doubt
> that I can approve a package - but what are my obligations/rights/etc as
> a newly sponsored contributor?

Any sponsored contributor can review and approve submitted packages for Extras.
(This is why, in order to be sponsored initially, the sponsor wants to ensure
that you have a thorough understanding of the packaging guidelines.) The only
real restriction, per se, is that new contributors can't be sponsors themselves
for a while. (In essence, you can approve packages submitted, but only those
submitted by current package maintainers.)

Hope that helps.
--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42)
This message was sent through a webmail