Re: FE Package Status of Jan 11, 2007

On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 18:52:07 +0100
bugs.michael@xxxxxxx (Michael Schwendt) wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Jan 2007 10:10:31 -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
>
> > >     paul at all-the-johnsons dot co dot uk     gconvert
> >
> > I was meaning to remove this from the owners.list file...
> > I will do so soon unless someone speaks up.
>
> Well, removing packages from owners.list (and renaming packages in
> owners.list) so far has not removed them from bugzilla. It needs an
> administrator to do that, IIRC.

:(

Thats anoying. Do we know how many package names are in that situation?
Is there someone that can remove the ones that should really be gone?

> IMO, this bears the risk that the list of "Component"s in bugzilla
> is filled with package names that are not in the distribution.

Sure, but that's what we have already, right?

> And where packages are renamed, users may still submit bug reports
> using out-of-date component names in bugzilla.

Yeah. I wish bugzilla had some kind of alias setup... if someone files
a bug against a re-named package it should file against the new
component name.

For packages that are totally dropped, perhaps something could be
rigged to file against a 'dropped package' component...

I don't know that it has any such ability however. ;(

> My suggestion is to keep owners.list as is until there is a package
> database for proper tracking of renames and removals.

I guess so. In this case gconvert never existed... so I can't imagine
why anyone would file a bug against it, but removing it from the
owners.list won't matter much apparently. ;(

> Alternatively, also contact the bugzilla admin to remove the unused
> component entry.

Whats the best way to do that? Ticket in the otrs?

kevin