Re: Tracking down broken dependencies in devel

Kevin Fenzi wrote:

I have started to try and assist maintainers with cleaning up broken
dependencies in devel.

Thanks Kevin, work like this is really helpful and I'm sure will be much appreciated by the owners in question.

Fortunately you didn't get down as far as rapidsvn, which I already had in hand and is now built. However, a number of the remaining packages broken in devel suffer from the same problem which is the wxGTK update. Some packages may just need a bump-n-build; others (like rapidsvn) need some small patches for methods/properties that have gone away/changed in WX 2.8. In my case (and I suspect the same is true for other packages) there was an open bug upstream with a patch, so resolution was easy. Hope that's useful to those (owners or otherwise) trying to fix up broken deps.

Tim