Re: Converting from .a to .so

On 12/24/06, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 12/24/06, Paul <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Okay, for future reference, is there a way to do what I need to do
> (convert from .a to .so)?

Don't you just need to pass -shared to the compiler?

Hmm... it looks like the current netcdf packages do NOT created shared
libs. Hmmm... this maybe a problem that needs to be resolved.

Also note that that libnc-dap exists in Extras as a shared library.
libnc-dap claims to be a call for call replacement of the netcdf
library.  I STRONGLY suggest that you look at linking against
libnc-dap instead of the state netcdf implementation.

http://www.opendap.org/download/nc-dods.html

-jef