Re: Plone - Zope on Fedora Core 4

On 11/28/06, Matthew Miller <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tue, Nov 28, 2006 at 01:25:50PM -0700, Jon Steffan wrote:
>     I've been pushing updates to plone and zope and would like to get
> FC4 updated as FC4 is still offered by many hosting companies. The Plone

We need to push those hosting companies to upgrade. FC4 is not safe for
server systems.

It would be nice if we had any leverage.. but there are still large
ones that still run FC2. The fact is that a lot of these companies
have minimal technical staff who can set up an upgrade process where
they are going to be able to upgrade every 6-9 months.. and to be
honest a lot of their customers don't want to. What they and their
customers are wanting is that somm items like Apache/MySQL/PHP/Plone
could be the latest.. but the rest don't touch.

E.G. For a lot of stuff, Fedora is not what hosting companies are
wanting, but something like Centos or RHEL.