Re: Atmel binary firmware

Gianluca Sforna wrote:
On 11/26/06, Tim Jackson <lists@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Can anyone (spot?) confirm whether this:

http://atmelwlandriver.sourceforge.net/license.txt

is acceptable for FE? To my eyes it meets the "Binary Firmware" Guidelines.

We allows binary only firmwares into Fedora? I overlooked that one :)
So which of those points prevents us from having the wireless ipw
firmwares in Extras?

was about to ask the same, intel allows it, but for the in kernel drivers the firmware should be in core so that the hw works out of the box (this is solved by fedora 7 does not have core/extras)