Re: Progress reports of my students fixing bugs

On 11/17/06, Matthew Miller <mattdm@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
The bug is: sometimes, when you complete a line, area which includes a
penguin is calculated as not including one. It's probably a stupid
off-by-one error or something, but I beat my head against it for a while and
stopped.

I'm sure you already tried this but, just in case:
I found mudflap a very effective tool for unveiling problems like
that: it's output at first could be intimidating but, once you
understand how to read it, the info exposed are invaluable.

http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/Mudflap%20Pointer%20Debugging
http://gcc.fyxm.net/summit/2003/mudflap.pdf